Tuesday, March 29, 2011

BOOKWORM by Kat. R. Piller

I popped into 2 Op shops today, and came home with a few more knitting patterns and this tiny Selangor Pewter BOOKWORM. It is only 2cm high and I thought quite funny.

I was reading Her Library Adventures blog about Type Collections  and thought I'd photograph my little Bookworm on a couple of old books from our Ink Collection. Book one is a sample book of Printing Ink Colours from the U.S.A. and book two is a 1934 Stationery Price List and Catalogue from England. 100 pages of delicious Sundry Stationery and Filing  Devices for the Modern Office. (including of course, Ink Wells)
This page was a selection of Pins.  How many pins did one 1934 Office need? the catalogue has 3 pages full.

5 comments:

  1. I so LOVE your bookworm so cute.Great books too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, LoVe, lOvE the bookworm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndal....any more info on that Liberty booklet you picked up? Perhaps I could search for it. Thanks for thinking of me. If you do not want to add comments you could convo me through etsy, cheers, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jan..it's just a very small 20 page booklet, I'd guess not VERY old, I'll pop some scans in a post today/tomorrow. ~ L

    ReplyDelete