Friday, January 28, 2011

School Holidays come to an end

Sadly, today was the last day of Grand daughter's holiday here in Melbourne. We have had loads of fun, shopped in dozens of Op Shops, crafted a soft toy and Cross Stitched, tried our hand at Yarn Bombing, enjoyed Art and Scenery.  What a wonderful 2 weeks.

Now it is time to pack away all the crafty bits brought out from every nook and cranny until next holidays, so to save time next term, I found the perfect, lined, basket at an Op Shop yesterday

more will be added tomorrow after we do the final going home suitcase pack, and the next 10-12 weeks will see it overflowing I'm sure, as I collect new things for next holiday.

No shopping today, instead we took the tram into the city and went to the top of the Eureka Tower, Out on the Edge at the 88th floor.  GD has done it before with grandad but it was a first for me!

NO I can't say, been there, done that, got the TShirt but I can say
Been there, done that, got the wristband!!

For those not familiar with The EDGE, you walk into a small room with 8 people, and like a drawer, it slides 3 meters out of the side of the building, it is all glass and 88 floors above street level, 300 metres above actually!
Interesting!

2 comments:

  1. I have a sick feeling in my tummy just thinking about going up 88 floors let alone sliding out 3 metres from the edge. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! My heart beat fast just reading what the drawer does. I'm going to have to have a go one day soon. Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete