Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday shopping

Today was HOT in Melbourne, but I decided to venture out after lunch to somewhere different. I have not been up Blackburn / Forest Hill way for some time.

Well.. Brentford Square was a disappointment 2 shops, nothing for me... Animal Aid in Blackburn Sth was closed, and again nothing for me at the Rotary shop, I didn't stop in Forest Hill Mahoneys Rd but decided to head over to the other Doncare at  North Blackburn.  Found some nice Crabtree & Evelyn shower gel and body lotion, a few knitting patterns,  1973 New Idea (that'll be fun reading), a book about Corporate Logos,  a sweet little crumb brush from Mildura, and an almost new Corning Ware casserole dish, in a size I always love to use.  Will replace my exact same one that is looking a bit worse for wear.

Was going to do more shopping, but it was just too hot, so I came home to the comfort of the a/c.


8 comments:

  1. Nice score! Keep the New Idea for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crumb brush is too cute. Weren't people polite and proper in by-gone eras?

    That's one hell of a jaunt looking at Op Shops ... you may need a soak in your C&E bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Corning Ware. My mum has that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just put this blog on my sidebar - I enjoyed reading it so much, I will be back often to see what you have found! I think I've been to most of those opshops, but not for a long time. Oh yes I have - the RSPCA shop late last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice finds!
    I will keep the handles it came with, just another colour as the metal itself is tarnished. Just need to decide!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. only just met you and like you already! love the crumb brush.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Vintage Fabric Addict, I'm sure our paths have crossed on eBay over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing worse than finding nothing when on an opshop jaunt nothing bettr than finding that one thing or more and coming home with a smile on your face

    ReplyDelete