Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Terrific Tuesday

Well, I know I should be sitting at the computer working out some new eBay listings, or out in the kitchen cleaning and tidying, as we have our granddaughter arriving on Saturday for a 2 week holiday, but NO.... I was out and about in the car, visiting Op shops and bringing home more treasures.
Hubby loves to see me walking in the front door with a bag of goodies, and he loves seeing me walking out again with parcels for the mail, but lately I've been doing a lot more buying than selling.

Today was no exception.

After some household shopping in Camberwell a quick detour home via Mont Albert, and I had filled a shopping bag!
There are a couple of embroidery projects, including a Yardley's Cries of London, from 1992,  some iron on transfers, pattern books and sewing patterns, 20 skeins of Threads, a Volvo car manual, a Singer Dressmaking Guide,  and a great piece of fabric, that I may transform into a cushion.




The fabric is 122 wide and only 1m long, and it is 'BEST SELLERS - an exclusive screen print by GREIG'.  I'm sure my son would say 'it is very brown,  Mum'  But I think it has potential.

so here I am home again, reading blogs and wishing I had more enthusiasm to do some work, but Melbourne is hot and sticky today, bit of rain, bit of sun .. not my kind of weather at all.
I think I'll go and make a cup of tea, read a bit more, and maybe, just maybe do a few photos.

8 comments:

  1. think my hubby feels the same....but not the coming in part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lyndel....!

    I see you're having a FAB week Lovey.... :o) !!

    I WISH I could have been out & about with you yeterday but am glad for once I was in an office as it was a sticky day....!

    THANKS for your comment the other day....I'm fine though sounding quite the femme fatale with my husky throat....hahahahaha....!!

    Cheers for now,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always say 'you've got to spend it to make it'!! I love ebay, we can finally justify our op shop addictions! hoorah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I would be buying the same things lucky we are so far from each other lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. hee hee Janelle, that's why I do love to shop alone, if I take a friend it's almost a competition to see who finds what FIRST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lyndel,
    I've been trying to post comments on your blogs for weeks, to say how much I am enjoying them, but my poor old PC is slowing down to the point of no return. I don't know if my comments end up being posted or not, so I am crossing my fingers that this one will.
    I note your comment here that you prefer to shop alone; now I know why you haven't responded to my suggestions that we meet up - LOL!

    ReplyDelete