Sunday, June 19, 2011

another 'Blue' Week

The week started out with a few bits of this and that, and ended with lots of goodies!

First I had some great bargains over at Ashburton, at their Linen sale, which I mentioned on the I Op Therefore I am blog ..  but Friday afternoon I outshone all my expectations.
First this large blue glass Mid-Century Biscuit Barrel (Cookie Jar). It is in wonderful condition, except the bamboo handle needs some tlc. Made in Japan for Counterpoint San Francisco, it is about 17cm high and 17cm wide at the base.

Then I picked up a sweet picture of some Carnations, I just liked the colouring, they may or may not stay here.
About to give up and go home, happy, for a well earned cup of Tea (Vic always puts the kettle on at 4.30pm) when I saw this very grubby little Travel Case / Cosmetics Case.  It has cleaned up ok, but the metal fastenings on the handle are rusty. Inside it is taffeta lined, with a mirror in the lid, and a cute little lift out shelf/jewel box.
I will keep this, and use it for storage. very good for my gloves & stockings collection maybe?   Nelly asked about the stockings I got this week. Just some Kolotex Clings, and 6 pair of Holeproof Beauty Fits, all from the 1960s/70s all boxed. ~ they are packed for the Market already.

I hope you all had a wonderful week, finding treasures to add to your life's enjoyment.  Join like minded fossikers over at Sophie's we all love to share our stories.

14 comments:

  1. ha ha I was taking bets with myself that YOU would be the first to comment on that one♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that blue vintage case! Nice find :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great was that beauty box I cant pass them ever.Thanks for the extra info on the stockings.I remamber weraing allk sorts of cooured ones in the 80s and buying them in the 90s to cut up as hair bands for the kids.Now they are never seen Maybe next week I wil find some now I have put the idea out there lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds Lyndel. Love the blue glass. I have one of those beauty boxes but mine is icky brown lol.I love the colouring of the carnations too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds i love the vanity box its so lovely. Have a lovely week also, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. the colour blue on that jar! i wouldn't be able to stop looking through it into the world, i think...
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen a biscuit barrel quite like that Lyndel...it's fab x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - the biscuit barrel is just gorgeous! Ashburton... hmmm. I've missed the linen sale, but there are a few good ones there, no?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm such a sucker for blue! The biscuit barrel is so nice and so is the cosmetic case. If you haven't tried it already, you could always test out cleaning the metal parts with white vinegar. If it needs something stronger, Barkeeper's friend is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. don't you love it when the things you buy end up matching and making a beautiful collection of treasures?? Lovely finds xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little blue case! Really nice that is still had the lift out tray!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you make the blues a good thing to have.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the blue suitcase! my collection of suit cases has grown so much, and it makes me so happy!

    Enjoy!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete