Friday, May 24, 2013

Mont Albert Antique Fair ~ my first try at selling in a long, long time.

I started out with a table full of bits and pieces from around the house and from my Storage Unit.
I washed, I sorted, I priced, I packed ~~ and now I have enough to sell this weekend at the Mont Albert (Vic) Rotary Club Annual ANTIQUE FAIR at the primary school.
Setting up will be this evening (Friday 24th) from 7pm so I have carefully packed the car, and am almost ready to go, and only 4 hours early.

It has been a long time since I sold at an Antique Fair or Antique Center.  Back in the 1980s I regularly had space in a local Antique Center, and enjoyed spending Sundays there, tidying up the stock and talking to the customers.
In recent years I have sold some vintage linen and clothing at the North Melbourne Market, but this is my first venture into a 2-day Antique Fair since the '80s.  I know a lot has changed, but I feel sure I'll meet lots of interesting collectors and have a great weekend.   My friends Anne and Mike will be next to me for encouragement.  They have been selling at Mont Albert for a few years now, and convinced me it would be a good idea to join them.
I will keep you all informed of my progress.




6 comments:

  1. I'd love to checkout our treasures, but it would involve a plane ticket to do so. Best of luck. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a fun time and came home with a few less treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lyndel, how did your market go? I would have snapped up your crinoline ladies, just gorgeous. Hope you and Vic are both well. Sorry I haven't been around much, I seem to be having a little break. Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lyndel, how did your market go? I would have snapped up your crinoline lady, just gorgeous. Hope you and Vic and both well. Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lyndel, how did your market go? I would have snapped up your crinoline lady, just gorgeous. Hope you and Vic are both well, Tam x

    ReplyDelete